Your Conflict Management Style
How would you describe your most often used method of dealing with conflict?
- You make threats instead of requests?
- You rely on action to rather than words to communicate?
- You take away the rights of others by behaving violently or abusively?
- You make “You statements” (accusing and finger pointing).
- Your thinking stays clear or become distorted?
- You deny responsibility?
- You tend to keeps feelings, especially angry ones inside?
- You deny or minimize your feelings?
- You say “it doesn’t matter” or “I don’t care”.
- You avoid conflict?
- You have troub1e communicating directly?
- You feel helpless? Give in and give up?
- You direct anger at yourself?
- You try to communicate by behaving self-destructively?
- Your thinking becomes distorted?
Passive Aggressive (Indirect)
- You communicate directly?
- You let people know what makes you angry?
- You communicate anger by giving the “silent treatment”, forgetting on purpose, being late, being catty & manipulating?
- You speak up when there is a problem?
- You stay in control?
- You are able to take time out when needed and then return to the problem?
- You make “I” statements?
- You communicate clearly and directly?
- You say what you want from the other person?
- You stay on the subject? You listen to the other person?