Deal Constructively with reality
Capacity to adapt and change
Relative freedom from symptoms tensions and anxieties
Satisfaction in Giving more than receiving
To relate in a consistent manner mutual satisfaction and helpfulness
Sublimate, to direct one’s instinctive hostile energy into creative and constructive outlets
Capacity to love
William C Menninger MD.
Characteristics / Traits of Emotionally Mature People
1. Knowing as to what one wants and how to make it happen.
2. Thinking sooner than acting and having control over one’s behaviour.
3. Having the sense of self-reliance and the capability to take accountability for one’s life and actions.
4. Having patience
5. Bonding with others in a supportive and constructive manner.
6. Actually caring about others and representing their concern.
7. Acting honestly and living by one’s principles.
8. Keeping self-control and balance in all things.
9. Having the capacity to tackle difficult and demanding situations.